Conditions of Sale
In these conditions of sale. The company means Derbyshire Specialist Aggregates trading as Decorative Aggregates.
Our registered office is:
Arbor Low Works, Youlgrave, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1JS.
Tel 01629 636500. Fax 01629 636425
The customer means any person contacting the company for the supply of products. Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly. Prices are inclusive of all charges and VAT. These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director. Submission of a purchase order online will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale. Telephone orders are accepted on the basis you have accepted our terms and conditions.
Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business-to-business basis.
- The customer is fully made aware of the conditions of sale for our goods.
- We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations and may come with a natural dust residue, it is recommended to rinse the aggregate with water. All sizes quoted are approximate.
- The company require any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 14 days of delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 21 days after the complaint has been logged. It must be returned unused in its original packaging and weighing the correct weight. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price minus the cost to return the goods to us. You are within your rights to return the goods at your own cost. We will be advise you of the cost of returning the goods.
- All prices quoted by the company for the sale of any products are all-inclusive and delivered unless otherwise stated.
- Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card/Pay Pal at the time of ordering.
- All products (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss or damage or deterioration of the product from whatever cause arising.
- All enquiries will be dealt with in a polite and professional manner. We understand from time to time things may not go as planned and we will do all we can to rectify the situation. We operate a zero tolerance policy towards abuse or bad language directed towards any employee and such abuse may result in an order being cancelled and refunded minus any incurred haulage fees.
- The company will make every effort to deliver products on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
- Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads without restrictions being available to the company's vehicles to the place of delivery.
- The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
- If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred. Deliveries are made using large 18 ton vehicles and it is the customers’ responsibility to inform the company if there may be an access problem. In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order. This above action must be completed before 2 pm on the day prior to delivery. E-mail confirmation of orders request the customer contacts the company if a delivery problem may occur. A list of likely problems is enclosed on the e-mail confirmation. Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck is then used to manoeuvre the products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery.
- To qualify for free delivery, the minimum order required is either 25 poly bags, 50 poly bags or a bulk bag of the same material, some postcodes may vary and attract a small surcharge.
- The customer has the right to cancel any order. However any cancellation must be made prior to dispatch, this means if the product is ordered before 1.00pm this must be cancelled by 2.00pm on the same day. If ordered after 1.00pm cancellation must be made before 10.00am the following day.
- Cancellations should be made by telephoning 01629 630256 between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00pm
- Returned Goods - You have signed the terms and conditions for our mode of delivery. If for any reason the delivery is to be returned then Customers may return the goods at their own expense to the aforementioned address within 21 working days from the day following the day of delivery, or we will collect the goods and charge you the cost of return only. You will be advised what these costs are.
- When a delivery cannot made on the due date due to access issues or unforeseen circumstances, we will attempt a re-delivery at your request for a charge. This charge will vary depending on the delivery depot. You will be advised of this charge. If you have any queries relating to this or any other issue please call us on 01629 630256.
- This does not affect your statutory rights
- Any order amendments must be made before goods are dispatched; you will be notified via email when this has happened. Dispatch may be up to two working days prior to delivery. We are unable to amend orders after dispatch.
- The company reserves the right to cancel any order placed. Any such orders will be refunded as soon as practically possible. An email will be sent confirming any such cancelation to the email address supplied when the order was placed.
- The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their purchase.
- The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customer’s responsibility to move the product from the place of delivery to the area of requirement.
- The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.
Working days are Monday to Friday and exclude Saturday and Sundays.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Call us anytime 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri on 01629 630256
Samples are available
Small samples are available from only £1
We support charities
including Children in need and Breast Cancer Helpline
Find out exactly how much you need
As seen on TV!
We Supply aggregates to gardening & makeover TV shows
48 hour delivery include & Next day delivery available from only £15.00